Virginia D. Onley
Virginia Onley is serving her second term on the Rockville City Council.
She serves as the council liaison to the Human Rights Commission, Landlord Tenant Affairs Commission, Rockville Housing Enterprises, Rockville Sister City Corporation and the Senior Citizens Commission.
Onley began her community involvement in Rockville 20 years ago at an Americana Centre Association meeting. Since then, she has made a life of serving Rockville and her community.
- Rockville Senior Citizens Commission 1994 - 2000, Chair 1996 - 1998
- Rockville Compensation Commission 1995 - 2009, Chair 2007 - 2009
- Imagine Rockville: Rockville Visioning Team, Economic Committee - 1995
- Board of Directors, Rockville Seniors Inc. 1996 - 1997
- Rockville Human Rights Commission 2000 - 2007, Chair 2005 – 2006
- Americana Centre Homeowners Board 2007 - Present, Past President
- Rockville Housing Enterprise 2008 - Present, Chair 2010 - 2012
- Peerless Rockville Historical Preservation Board of Directors
- Rockville Community Coalition Board of Governors
- Rockville Charter Review Commission
- Montgomery Women
- St Mary’s Parish, Rockville
- Montgomery County Maryland League of Women Voters
Onley retired from the IBM Corporation after 35 years of service. She also worked at the naval base in Bethesda, home of the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. As a part-time team member at the Navy Exchange, Onley served members of the military and their families as an ambassador of military benefits.
She hails from Libertytown, Md., a small town in Frederick County.
After moving to Rockville in 1993, she fell in love with the citizen participation form of government and decided to make Rockville her permanent home. Her familiarity with the Rockville community and her commitment to the citizens brings a strong, informed voice to the City Council for all Rockville neighborhoods.
Onley resides in Rockville Town Center at the Americana Centre Condominiums.
She has one son, Claude “Ted” Onley Jr.; a daughter-in-law, Cassandra; and grandchildren, Claude “Terence” Onley III and Corinne Onley.