Early Bird Registration Saves $10 on Cost of Youth Activities
Rockville, Maryland, Feb. 22 — Athletes! Spring sports league registration for kids and adults is open! Whether you’re into baseball, soccer, volleyball or baseball, the City of Rockville has a sport to suit you.
Youth spring sports are co-ed, and kids can take part in:
- T-ball (ages 4-6): Goes over the baseball basics with fun, skill-building activities with games on Sundays.
- Coach-pitch baseball (ages 7-9). Coaches pitch safely to younger players, with games that take place on Sundays.
- Soccer: Practices, with games on Sunday, where kids pre-K through grade three can join a team and learn the fundamentals — dribbling, passing, trapping and shooting.
- Track and field (ages 6-14). Bantams, midgets, juniors and intermediates meet on Wednesdays.
Each league has practice and a game or meet each week.
The registration deadline for soccer, T-ball and coach-pitch is Monday, March 5. For an early bird, $10 discount, register by Feb. 26.
The track and field registration deadline is March 8. Save $10 by signing up before March 1.
Adults can join in the spring sports fun as well:
- Men’s softball: Leagues are recreational and games are officiated. Games are played at several parks throughout the city.
- Men’s basketball: Games over a seven-week season are played Monday evenings at Twinbrook Community Recreation Center.
- Men and women’s co-rec: reverse softball (where men bat in a reverse stance); indoor volleyball sand volleyball; or co-rec soccer sevens.
Registration deadlines for adult league players and teams are in late March.
Visit www.rockvillemd.gov/recreation/sports for league details and registration information, or call 240-314-8620.