Explore RockvilleHow Do I?
Click to Home
Go To Search
Rockville Connect
Homeowner Permitting
So, you want to construct a building, add an addition, install a driveway or driveway apron or grade your property (contour the land) in Rockville. What forms and documents do you need? Below are some typical project types along with the necessary Department of Public Works paperwork to help get you started. In each case you should also contact the following departments for their respective requirements:
  • Department of Community Planning and Development Services (Planning Division and Inspection Services Division)
  • Department of Neighborhood and Community Services (Community Enhancement and Code Enforcement Division)
  • Department of Recreation and Parks, Parks and Facilities Division (for forestry requirements)

New House Documents
If you are building a new house, you need the following:

Multiple Single Family House Documents
If you want to construct multiple single family houses, you need the following:

Addition Documents
If you are adding an addition to an existing single family home, you need the following:

Non-Residential Construction and Addition Documents
If you are constructing a new non-residential building or an addition to an existing non-residential building, you need the following:

Residential Driveway Apron Documents
If you want to add a residential driveway apron, you need the following:

Lot Grading Documents
If you want to grade your lot, you need the following: