In order to keep the Dog Park safe from non-vaccinated and unlicensed dogs, and those not compliant with the rules, the Dog Park is locked and restricted to registered users.
Registered members, please submit your email address in order to receive future updates. All new registered members will be given the combination to enter when submitting the form to Neighborhood Services. Memberships and dog licenses will be verified.
You may call 240-314-8700 if you are a registered user and have not received a combination. Your information will be verified and a return call may be necessary.
Thanks for your cooperation.
The park is located in the newly constructed Mattie J. T. Stepanek Park, along Pleasant Drive at Piccard Drive. The park is free to Rockville residents, but you must complete and return a participation agreement to be eligible to use the dog park. Non-residents and unlicensed dogs and their owners will not be permitted to use the dog park. Two fenced-in dog run areas, one for small dogs and one for large dogs.
- Parking area with 40 spaces
- Fenced-in areas to securely unleash your dog and to prevent escape
- 20- by 20-foot shade shelter spanning both the large and small dog areas
- Drinking fountains for people and dogs
- Picnic tables
- This dog park is for the use and enjoyment of Rockville City residents only. Use of this park is at the user’s own risk.
- All users must have a signed Dog Park Rules Compliance and Release form on file with the Rockville City Police Department, Neighborhood Services Division. Forms are available at the park or at the Rockville City Police Department, Neighborhood Services Division, 111 Maryland Avenue.
- All dogs must be currently licensed with the Rockville City Police Department, Neighborhood Services Division.
- No guard or attack dog or any dog found to be dangerous or potentially dangerous, as determined by the City of Rockville or other jurisdiction, is allowed in the park at any time.
- Dog park hours of operation are dawn to dusk.
- Owners are legally responsible for the behavior of their dogs.
- Owners must remain in the dog park at all times and keep their dog under control.
- A parent or guardian must accompany children under the age of 16.
- Dogs must be leashed when outside of the dog park.
- No more than two (2) dogs per family are allowed in the dog park at any one time.
- Puppies in the park must be older than four (4) months.
- Dogs in heat are not allowed in the park.
- Owners must clean up and dispose of feces left by their dogs. Bags and trashcans are available on the premises.
- No smoking, food or dog treats are allowed in the dog park.
- Dogs that bark excessively or dig are prohibited.
- No professional dog training is allowed in the park unless approved by Rockville City’s park managers.
- Violators of these rules are subject to removal from the dog park, suspension of dog park privileges and /or issuance of civil citations and fines.
To Contact City Park Staff, call 240-314-8700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Dog Bites ONLY, call Neighbor Services at 240-314-8900.
View Mattie J. T. Stepanek Park in a larger map