The City of Rockville Department of Recreation and Parks has a long history of providing a quality, licensed preschool program that is nurturing, innovative, fun and rich with culture.
Please call 240-314-8631 or email email@example.com for more information or to schedule a tour.
2013 Summer registration form
|8:00AM-6:00PM||Summer Program Schedule|
|Sessions||Dates||Resident Rate||Nonresident Rate|
|Session 1||June 10 - June 21, 2013||$349||$399|
|Session 2||June 24 - July 5, 2013 *Closed on 7/4||$315||$365|
|Session 3||July 8 - July 19, 2013||$349||$399|
|Session 4||July 22 - August 2, 2013||$349||$399|
|Session 5||August 5 - August 16, 2013||$349||$399|
Preschool Program Schedule: August 26, 2013 - June 6, 2014
Hours Resident Rate Nonresident Rate (Per month)
9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. $525 $609
8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. $825 $929
- Location: Montrose Discovery – 451 Congressional Lane, Rockville, MD 20852
- Children must be 3 years old AND toilet trained before they start.
- Registration is ongoing throughout the year as spaces are available.
- Programs are closed on all federal holidays. Other closings listed in registration packet.
Fill out a registration form. Once space for your child is confirmed, you will be given a packet of forms required by the Maryland State Office of Child Care and City of Rockville regulations. All forms, some of which need to be completed by your child’s doctor, must be filled out before your child may start the program. No online or telephone registrations. Fax registration forms to 240-314-8659 / Attn: Childcare.
Mail or bring registration forms to:
City of Rockville Dept. of Recreation and Parks
111 Maryland Avenue
Rockville, MD 20850.
On the first business day of each month, payment will be automatically charged/debited to your credit card. You must complete an "Authorization to Charge" form, which will be included in your packet. You may also pay by check or money order. Voucher payments are also accepted.
- A registration fee of $75 is due upon receipt of the paperwork.
- First month's tuition can be pro-rated and is due upon enrollment. Payments will be due on the first of each month thereafter.
- If your monthly payment is late or declined, you will be charged a $10 processing fee.
- Transferring from one course to another, if space is available, will require a $50 fee.
- Withdrawal from the program requires a four-week written notice and a $50 withdrawal fee.
- Initial Fee is paid (includes any applicable registration fee and first session's tuition)
- All necessary forms are completed and submitted to City of Rockville Dept. of Recreation & Parks
- Regulated by the MSDE Office of Childcare as licensed child care centers for preschool programs. The City of Rockville Department of Recreation and Parks is committed to providing a safe, nurturing environment that helps children develop to their fullest potential.
- As a team, our priority is to ensure children are involved in a positive environment.
- We believe children should have opportunities to choose activities that meet their individual interest; and, as professionals, provide an atmosphere that enhances their choices.
- We recognize our role in influencing children’s values and are in partnership with parents to develop the whole child.
- Montrose programs operate Monday through Friday.
- In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act regulations, children with disabilities are encouraged to register and participate in our programs. Some minimal eligibility requirements must be met to participate. These requirements include: meeting the age and registration requirements, following the rules of conduct, ability to use a consistent form of communication to indicate basic needs, following simple directions, and the ability to tolerate and function (with assistance) as a member of a larger group of children. At least four weeks' notice prior to participation in the program is required. Parental assistance in finding companion assistance may be necessary.
- Families who live in the corporate City limits of Rockville are eligible for financial assistance through the Rockville Youth Recreation Fund. Families who are eligible for the fund must present proof of residence and one of the following: Award letter from Maryland Department of Human Resources or Montgomery County Department of Social Services verifying eligibility for temporary cash assistance, food stamps,Medical Assistance and/ or Transitional Emergency Medical and housing assistance; proof of rental assistance–public housing, HUD section 8 housing, HOC; Supplementary Security Income; proof you reside in a shelter. In addition, the City of Rockville will discuss payment options with families as needed.
Any questions about these programs can be directed to Alice Nikitina at 240-314-8631 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Fax: 240-314-8659