Good Neighbor Award
Do you know a family member, friend, neighbor, group, business or organization that helps to enhance the quality of life of our community? Maybe they have performed a good deed or provided a service that you feel deserves recognition. You can honor them with a nomination for Rockville’s Good Neighbor Award.
The Good Neighbor Award recognizes the ongoing efforts of Rockville residents who are making exceptional contributions to improve the quality of life in their neighborhoods. The program is designed to honor those who make a difference in our community without seeking or receiving recognition for their service.
- Nominees, except those in the Partner category, must reside in the City of Rockville.
- Nominees should have contributed volunteer (unpaid) hours to a program or activity that improves the livability of a community.
- The nominee must have made a significant contribution to their community during the current calendar year.
- The following are not eligible for nomination:
- City employees.
- Elected officials currently holding office.
- Individuals may not nominate themselves.
Nominations will be grouped into one of five categories:
- Individual adults: An individual who meets a need in the community, especially promoting service, social justice, equity, diversity, inclusion and positive change.
- Individual youth: An individual up to 18 years old who meets a need in the community, especially promoting service, social justice, equity, diversity, inclusion and positive change.
- Nonprofit: A group or individual dedicated to improving, encouraging and promoting services that help to improve the lives of individuals in under-represented communities, ensuring all have access to resources and opportunities.
- Businesses: A group or individual dedicated to improving, encouraging and promoting sustainable economic development, especially serving under-represented communities, ensuring all have access to resources and opportunities.
- Partner: A person or organization who does not reside in Rockville but has contributed to the good of the Rockville community.
- Nominations should be limited to 200 words.
- Examples of activities eligible for nomination include: community service, crime prevention, youth mentoring, homelessness prevention, helping those in need in the community, and other activities benefitting the community or specific individuals.
- The activity included in the nomination must have taken place in Rockville.
- Additional consideration will be given to activities that foster inclusion and equity.
- If the achievements of two or more people (such as a married couple, co-founders of an organization or members of a team) cannot be separated, they will be entered as one unit and their entry will be considered as one.
The Good Neighbor Award is the city's way of recognizing the residents who are committed to preserving, maintaining and improving the quality of life in their neighborhood.