- City Projects
- Stonestreet Corridor
PARK ROAD AND NORTH/SOUTH STONESTREET AVENUE AREA COMPREHENSIVE MASTER PLAN AMENDMENT
Planning Commission Sets Public Hearing Date for January 8, 2020
On Wednesday, January 8, 2020, Planning Commission will hold a public hearing to hear testimony on the public hearing draft of the Park Road and North/South Stonestreet Avenue Area Comprehensive Master Plan Amendment. Testimony on the draft may be provided as follows:
- In writing to the City of Rockville Planning Commission, c/o Comprehensive Planning, Planning and Development Services, 111 Maryland Ave., Rockville, MD 20850;
- By email to email@example.com; or
- In person, at the January 8 public hearing, at 7 PM, City Hall, 111 Maryland Ave.
Please include name, address and affiliation. More detailed information is available by contacting Andrea Gilles at firstname.lastname@example.org or 240-314-8273.
NORTH STONESTREET AVENUE COMPREHENSIVE MASTER PLAN AMENDMENT
Mayor and Council Adopt the North Stonestreet Avenue Plan Amendment
On March 25, 2019, the Mayor and Council adopted the plan amendment for portions of N. Stonestreet Ave.
Planning Commission Recommends Approval
The Planning Commission held a public hearing on Wednesday, Nov 14, 2018 to receive public input on the plan amendment. On Dec 12, the Planning Commission approved, with revisions, the plan amendment for transmittal to the Mayor and Council for review and adoption.
View the Dec 12 Planning Commission Worksession Presentation (PDF)
STONESTREET CORRIDOR STUDY
About the Study
The Mayor and Council voted unanimously in February 2017 to move ahead with a comprehensive study of over 150 acres bordering the Stonestreet corridor.
The study will identify key sites for action, short- and long-term implementation steps, and seek to strengthen relationships through finding consensus and balance with business owners, tenants and neighborhoods in the corridor area. The study area, in general, covers the east and west sides of North and South Stonestreet avenues, from Westmore Road to the north to where South Stonestreet Avenue dead ends to the south.
Thursday, February 22, 2018: Meeting #5 (final community meeting)
Meeting focus: Draft Recommendations
- Area 1: Park Road and N. Stonestreet Ave (PDF)
- Area 2: MCPS and Montgomery County Sites (PDF)
- Area 3: 1000 Westmore Ave (PDF) (former WINX site)
- Area 4: Street and Sidewalk Improvements
December 5, 2017: Meeting #4
Meeting focus: Redevelopment concepts/visions along the Corridor.
- Discussion Area #1: Rockville Transit Station (PDF)
- Discussion Area #2: Park Rd and N. Stonestreet Ave (PDF)
- Discussion Area #3: MCPS sites on N. Stonestreet Ave (PDF)
- Discussion Area #4: N. Stonestreet Ave and Westmore Ave (PDF) (including former WINX site)
October 24, 2017: Meeting #3
Meeting focus: Potential street improvement scenarios on N. Stonestreet Ave. and on Park Rd. near the Metro Station, between its intersections with N. Stonestreet Ave. and S. Stonestreet Ave.
July 13, 2017: Meeting #2
Meeting focus: Sites on the Corridor that are owned by Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS).
May 2, 2017: Project Kickoff Meeting
Community members gathered at the Lincoln Park Community Center to learn about project purpose, process, timeline, and how to stay involved. A staff presentation was followed by small group table discussions and report outs.
Previous Corridor Planning Efforts
The study will also build on several previous plans that have addressed the Stonestreet corridor. Detailed recommendations for the area are included in the Lincoln Park (2007) and East Rockville (2004) Neighborhood Plans, as well as the 2001 Town Center Master Plan. They broadly envision a pedestrian- and bicycle-oriented main street-style development, with a mix of uses along a converted boulevard.
- 2001: Town Center Master Plan (PDF)
- 2002: Comprehensive Master Plan (PDF)
- 2004: East Rockville Neighborhood Plan (PDF)
- 2006: Stonestreet Avenue Redevelopment Implementation Plan (PDF) (not adopted)
- 2007: Lincoln Park Neighborhood Plan (PDF)
For more information, contact Andrea Gilles at 240-314-8273 or email@example.com.