Community Organization Grant
The City of Rockville provides grants annually to local organizations that partner with the city to enhance the quality of life of Rockville residents. Nonprofits supporting the advancement of education, community engagement and other activities that benefit the community are welcome to apply.
The Fiscal Year 2025 (July 2024–June 2025) grant application period is now open, and applicants will be notified whether their grant is included in the Mayor and Council's budget. Please see FY 2024 awards in the city's FY 2024 Adopted Budget.
All grant applications and attachments must be received by the City of Rockville through our online grant portal by 5 p.m. Monday, Jan. 8, 2024.
Review the Requirements
- Only nonprofit organizations that provide services to Rockville residents are eligible to apply. Organizations providing services outside of Rockville can apply if funds requested will be used for Rockville city residents or a challenge within the city. Your program design, progress report, and final report should show this. Rockville city limits and Rockville postal codes are not the same. View the Rockville Address and Residency Checker.
- Grant funds do not reimburse project expenses from prior program years.
- Organizations that provide human services can apply to receive funding for a Human Services Nonprofit Grant (but not from both grant programs at the same time without advance outreach to the city). If you are not sure which grant is the best choice for your group, please contact Frederika Granger (email@example.com) or Abraham Bruckman (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Submit All Materials
A list of required documents, which can be uploaded in the online grant portal:
- Audit, Financial Statement, or compilation for most recent completed operating year.
- IRS Form 990 for most recent completed operating year.
- Board Roster identifying officers, term limits, addresses, and phone numbers.
- Document of Application Submission Authority signed by the Executive Director and Board President. View an example of what this document should look like here. Please use your own organization's letterhead.
- Budget and Outputs & Outcomes Workbook