A deck permit is required for properties within the City of Rockville fixing or putting up a new deck.
- Don't start work without an approved permit. A violation could result in a code enforcement violation with a penalty fee.
- Add details to the description including height, material, square footage, etc.
Review the GuidelinesReview the design guidelines before submitting the permit application.
Gather Additional DocumentationAdditional resources are required with the permit application.
You will need:
- Three copies of the property plot plan with the deck drawn to scale on it including the dimensions and the setbacks to the property line. One copy including the same information if submitting electronically.
- Three copies of to-scale design drawings that include dimensions. One copy if submitting electronically.
- Written approval from Homeowners Association, if applicable.
- Roadside Tree Affidavit
- Letter from owner authorizing contractor to apply for permit.
Complete Permit ApplicationComplete the permit application and submit the application, additional materials and permit fee at:
City Hall, second floor
111 Maryland Ave.
Rockville, MD 20850
|New Construction||$.22 per square foot||$.24 per square foot|
|Alteration||$.18 per square foot||$.24 per square foot|
Schedule an InspectionAfter construction, schedule an inspection to ensure safety and code standards.
To schedule an inspection, call our 24-hour Voice Permits™ IVR System at 240-314-5040. Have your site-specific permit number and inspection code ready.