- City Government
- Budget & Financials
The Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 budget process is now underway! Upcoming Mayor and Council meetings related to the budget include:
- Monday, March 18: Mayor and Council work session.
- Monday, April 1: Public hearing and Mayor and Council work session.
- Friday, April 5: Public record closes.
- Monday, April 29: Mayor and Council work session (if needed).
- Monday, May 6: Budget adoption.
- Meetings are broadcast on channel 11 on county cable, livestreamed at www.rockvillemd.gov/rockville11, and available a day after each meeting at www.rockvillemd.gov/videoondemand.
Wanted: Budget Ideas and Suggestions
Take our three-question survey to share your budget priorities and suggestions, including ideas for increasing revenues, reducing or modifying current services, decreasing costs, and improving operational efficiencies.
The Proposed FY 2020 (July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020) operating budget equals $138.5 million, an increase of 1.7 percent over last year's budget. The General Fund budget equals $84.2 million, an increase of 2.2 percent over FY 2019. The city's property tax rates remain the same at $0.292 per $100 of assessed value for real property and $0.805 per $100 of assessed value for personal property.
Below are two links for the budget. The first link is the complete budget document in .pdf format. The second link is a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet that contains detailed revenue and expense data for fiscal years 2015 through 2020.