Free, Six-Session Program Begins March 27
Rockville, Maryland, Feb. 26 – The Rockville City Academy returns in March with a new opportunity to learn about the City of Rockville.
The free, six-session program begins Wednesday, March 27 with presentations from staff leaders who oversee the city’s daily operations.
Topics will include:
- Rockville’s form of government and the Public Information and Community Engagement Division.
- The Department of Public Works.
- Planning and the master plan process.
- Police and code enforcement, including neighborhood watch.
- The Department of Recreation and Parks, including a tour of city recreation facilities.
The highly interactive program seeks to empower new and existing community leaders to use their talents to participate in and serve their communities and the City of Rockville.
The program will be held at City Hall, 111 Maryland Ave., with the exception of the April 3 session, which will be a visit to the nearby Rockville City Police Department station at 2 W. Montgomery Ave. Find full session dates and times, and register, at www.rockvillemd.gov/academy. Spaces are limited. Participants must be 16 or older and must be able to attend most classes.
For more information, contact Hjarman Cordero at email@example.com or 240-314-8344.
# # #
Director of Communication