Rockville, Maryland, Aug. 19 — The City of Rockville will be the first jurisdiction in Maryland to conduct a Vote by Mail election for mayor and four councilmembers.
Vote by Mail provides more and better options for Rockville voters by sending the ballots to all registered voters, who may return them by postage-paid mail or to a secure ballot drop box at City Hall. Voters are not required to travel to polling places to vote, although a vote center will be available at City Hall, 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Nov. 5.
- Friday, Sept. 6: Deadline to file as a candidate.
- Friday, Sept. 20: Deadline to register to vote. Deadline for the city to receive alternative address ballot delivery requests. Find more information below under “How can I vote?”
- On or Before Oct. 11: Ballots mailed to registered voters.
Voters must return ballots to City Hall, 111 Maryland Ave., by 8 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 5, either by postage-paid mail, at a secure drop box or in person on Nov. 5 at City Hall. Postmarks for mailed ballots do not count.
How can I vote?
On or before Oct. 11, ballots will be sent to every registered voter living within Rockville city limits, using the address on their registration. Voters fill out their ballots and can return them by mail (no postage required), or drop off ballots at the vote center or to the drop box at City Hall.
Voters may request an alternative address form if they will not be at the address of their voter registration on file when ballots are mailed. To apply for alternative address delivery, go to www.rockvillemd.gov/election or call 240-314-8286. Alternative address delivery requests must be received by Sept. 20.
How do I register to vote?
Every U.S. citizen living within Rockville city limits and over the age of 18 by Nov. 5, 2019 is eligible to vote in the city election. Same-day registration will be available 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 5 at City Hall.
To be sure your ballot gets to you, visit www.rockvillemd.gov/election to:
- Check your address.
- Update your information.
- Register to vote.
You may also register to vote:
- In-person at Rockville City Hall, a public library, a U.S. post office or a Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration office.
- By phone at 240-777-VOTE or 240-777-8500.
Where can I find election-related information?
- Visit Rockville’s election webpage at www.rockvillemd.gov/election.
- Sign up for the weekly “Rockville Reports” e-newsletter.
- Follow the city on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- Sign up for text alerts about the Vote by Mail Mayor and Council election by texting ROCKVOTES to 888777.
# # #
Director of Communication