Rockville, Maryland, Nov. 12 — Votes cast in the City of Rockville’s 2019 Vote by Mail election have been certified by the city’s Board of Supervisors of Elections.
In addition to 12,213 ballots cast, 74 provisional ballots were tallied, for a total of 12,287 votes.
The number of votes cast in the 2019 Vote by Mail election increased 89.96% over 2015’s 6,468.
Voters re-elected Bridget Donnell Newton as mayor, and Monique Ashton, Beryl L. Feinberg, David Myles and Mark Pierzchala as councilmembers.
An inauguration ceremony for the new Mayor and Council will be held at 1 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 17 at F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre, 603 Edmonston Drive. The inauguration is free and open to the public.
The first meeting of the new Mayor and Council is scheduled for 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 18 at City Hall, 111 Maryland Ave.
The results, as certified Monday, Nov. 11, by the Board of Supervisors of Elections, are as follows:
- Bridget Donnell Newton: 7,600 (63.69%).
- Virginia D. Onley: 4,261 (35.71%).
- Write-in: 72 (0.6%).
- Monique Ashton: 5,701 (12.59%).
- Beryl L. Feinberg: 5,676 (12.53%).
- David Myles: 5,181 (11.44%).
- Mark Pierzchala: 4,822 (10.65%).
- Kuan Lee: 4,678 (10.33%).
- Suzan Pitman: 4,264 (9.41%).
- Cynthia Cotte Griffiths: 3,893 (8.60%).
- James Hedrick: 3,457 (7.63%).
- Brigitta Mullican: 3,278 (7.24%).
- Richard Gottfried: 1,406 (3.10%).
- Charles Littlefield: 1,240 (2.74%).
- Matthew Perkins: 1,043 (2.30%).
- Donald A. Masters: 511 (1.13%).
- Write-in: 140 (.31%).
This is the 66th election in the history of the City of Rockville and the first Vote by Mail election in Maryland history.
The results are posted at www.rockvillemd.gov/electionresults.
# # #
Director of Communication