Rockville Dog Park at Mattie J.T. Stepanek Park
Rockville Dog Park
- Drinking Fountain(s)
- Mutt Mitt™ Station
- Park Benches
- Picnic Tables
- Separate fenced-in areas for small and large dogs
- Shaded shelter spanning small and large dog areas
The fenced Rockville Dog Park at Mattie J.T. Stepanek Park in King Farm is the perfect place for your dog to run off some energy and get some off-leash exercise and playtime!
Dog Park Rules
Owners in violation of any of the posted dog park rules are subject to removal from the dog park, suspension of dog park privileges, and/or issuance of a civil citation(s) which may carry a fine.
- All dogs within the park must be currently vaccinated and licensed with the Neighborhood Services Division of the Rockville City Police Department.
- All dogs must have the Rockville license tag clearly displayed.
- All visitors use the park at their own risk.
- Owners/handlers are legally responsible for the behavior and actions of their dog.
- Owners/handlers are limited to two (2) dogs per visit.
- Owners/handlers shall only use the appropriate dog park section based on their dog’s size and weight. If an owner has both sized dogs, it is acceptable to bring the small dog into the large dog section. Large dogs are not permitted in the small dog section. Owners/handlers do this at their own risk.
- Owners/handlers must remain in the dog park while the dog is in the park and have a leash available.
- All dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the fenced area of the dog park.
- Dog owners/handlers must be at least 16 years of age.
- Children under 13 years of age must be accompanied by an adult and supervised at all times while in the dog park.
- Dog waste must be cleaned up immediately by the owner/handler and disposed of in the designated receptacles.
- Park is open from dawn to dusk.
Prohibited at the Dog Park
- Human & dog food/treats
- Dogs in heat
- Sick dogs
- Guard dogs and dogs declared dangerous or potentially dangerous
- Puppies (under 4 months)
- Digging dogs
- Professional dog training
- Excessively barking dogs