The Rockville Skate Park is an unsupervised and free park. Use at your own risk. All skaters are recommended to wear a helmet, elbow pads, wrist guards and knee pads.
The Skate Park is open from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. The park will be locked from 10 p.m. to 9 a.m. and is under video surveillance.
The City of Rockville Skate Park is a one-of-a-kind skate park. This customized park was recently renovated with input from local skaters. New features include:
- 24 foot wide, 4 foot tall mini-ramp.
- 3 foot to 4 foot tall, 20 foot wide micro ramp with escalator and extension.
- 2 hubba ledges, 3-set, 5-set
- Pump - hump
- Quarter pipes, rails, funboxes, and manual pads.
The park was built and is operated by the City of Rockville Department of Recreation and Parks.
Welsh Park, 355 Martins Lane, Rockville, MD 20850 (behind the Swim Center).
9 a.m. to 10 p.m., 7 days a week
Each summer the Skate Park hosts an exciting and instructive skateboarding camp. For the summer camp program, eight week-long sessions are offered. Skate Camp runs Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. to Noon. Skilled skate counselors will cater lessons and development plans for each skater's ability level, from novice to advanced (ages 6-14). Skaters will be required to bring a complete skateboard, helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, wrist guards, water and a snack.
9 AM-12 PM
|Course # ||Dates||Res/NR |
Register here using the City of Rockville's Recreation and Parks Online Registration program Rock Enroll.
To provide a facility in which skateboarders and in-line skaters may practice and develop their skills in a safe and challenging environment.
Skateboarding and skating are hazardous recreational activities. Use of this facility may result in minor or major injuries that could result in death. Any use of this facility is at your own risk. The City of Rockville does not assume any responsibility for injuries.
- To enjoy a safe skating experience, know your abilities and skate within them.
- When you enter this facility you assume all risks and responsibilities that are inherent to extreme
sports activities which could result in harm to yourself, others and/or property.
- Inspect skating surfaces before beginning and remove any trash or debris that may prevent a
smooth, safe ride.
- Weather conditions may create unsafe surfaces for users.
- Do not skate on any damaged surfaces and report damage to the City of Rockville Skate Park
Manager at 240-314-8627.
- It is required that all users wear protective helmets, elbow pads, kneepads and wrist pads.
- The nearest phone is located in the swim center.
- Bathrooms are located in the swim center.
- No glass containers, food or beverage allowed on the skating surface.
- No littering. Please use trashcans.
- No drugs, alcohol or tobacco products permitted at this facility.
- No loud music or disorderly behavior permitted at this facility.
- No pets are allowed in the skate park area.
- Do not proceed down a ramp until clear of other skaters.
- Spectators are welcome but must stay clear of ramps and equipment.
- Additional ramps, jumps or obstacles are not allowed in the skate park.
- No modifications to the skating surfaces or features are allowed.
- No scooters allowed
- Respect the neighborhood. Keep noise to a minimum.
- All organized events must have written approval from the City of Rockville Recreation and Parks
Department. No contests or demos without the permission of the City
- Park hours are sunrise to sunset unless otherwise posted.
The City of Rockville reserves the right to close the facility for any circumstances deemed necessary, to restrict entry and/or use for failure to follow the rules, and to modify these rules at any time.