Register to Vote
Voter registration is available at any time.
Your ballot will be sent to the address listed on your voter registration record. Check to confirm your address is correct on your voter registration to make sure your ballot gets to you.
Election Day Same-Day Registration
You can register to vote on Election Day by bringing photo identification and proof of residency (e.g. utility bill, driver's license) to City Hall.
If you are a registered voter in the State of Maryland and a Rockville resident, you are automatically registered to vote in the city election.
- United States citizen.
- Is at least 16 years old. (You may register to vote at 16 but cannot vote until you are at least 18 years of age by the next general or special election.)
- Are not under guardianship for mental disability, or if you are, have not been found by a court to be unable to communicate a desire to vote.
Ways to Register
- Online: Montgomery County voter registration.
- In-person: Rockville's City Hall, a public library, U.S. Post Office or Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration during a license or identification application.
- By phone: 240-777-VOTE or 240-777-8500 to request voter registration forms.
Change or Update Voter Registration
Download the Board of Elections voter registration forms. Completed forms can be mailed or faxed to:
Montgomery County Board of Elections
P.O. Box 4333
Rockville, MD 20849-4333
FAX: (240) 777-8600