Skate Park Construction Project
The Rockville Skate Park project is intended to provide the community with a much needed upgrade to the existing facility based on community input.
The new skatepark is expected to draw and engage local users to a concrete skate facility that will challenge beginners through experienced users.
Key elements of the project include:
- a new skatepark that includes street and park elements, obstacles, and terrain.
- modernized infrastructure and amenities
- on-site restroom facility
- storm water management facility
- reconfigured parking lot to maintain the same number of parking spaces in the Rockville Swim and Fitness center complex.
The new skate park is expected to open in early Summer 2021.
This Design/Build construction project was awarded to Spohn Ranch Skateparks.
NEW ROCKVILLE SKATE PARK TO HOLD SOFT OPENING
Rockville Skate Park
Planning Design Construction Completed
Conceptual Overview of Skate Park
The skate park will be in the eastern parking bay of the outdoor swimming pool parking lot. Additional parking will be added to the drive aisle and around the eastern edge of the skate park to maintain the number of parking spaces in the outdoor pool parking lot. The building and spectator area have been modified and switched locations from the renderings below.