Caregiver Funding Task Force
The overall objective of the Caregiver Funding Task Force (CFTF) is to develop a comprehensive process for reviewing and recommending Caregiver funding by:
- Examining the current Caregiver grant process,
- Considering the purpose of the City's nonprofit funding,
- Reviewing and analyzing the processes that are utilized by other government agencies and best practices in grant award processes, including examining options of awarding funding as grants, contracts, or through a formal procurement process,
- Proposing eligibility and selection criteria,
- Discussing funding prioritization across human service areas, including assessing duplication of effort/services/customers across City funded Caregiver agencies,
- Reviewing the roles of the Mayor and Council, City Manager, City Finance Department, the application review panel, and the Human Services Advisory Commission in the funding process, and
- Outlining a comprehensive process for reviewing applications and recommending funding for the city manager's proposed budget.
Members are appointed by the Mayor and Council and consist of nine individuals representing a variety of stakeholders and organizations.