Rockville Pedestrian Advocacy Committee
The Rockville Pedestrian Advocacy Committee meets monthly on the second Thursday from 7-9 p.m. These meetings are held virtually. Meeting links, along with minutes and recordings for prior meetings, can be found in the posted agendas at the online Agenda Center.
There will be no RPAC meeting in December 2023. The next meeting is scheduled for January 11, 2024.
The Rockville Pedestrian Advocacy Committee (RPAC) was authorized by Mayor and Council in May 2019 with the ultimate goal of improving pedestrian safety and increasing walkability throughout the city.
All RPAC meetings are open to the general public and include an open discussion to address new concerns or pedestrian issues.
The Rockville Pedestrian Advocacy Committee’s mission is to:
- improve pedestrian safety
- ensure pedestrian access
- enhance the pedestrian experience
- make recommendations to the Mayor and Council and other relevant agencies to enhance the pedestrian experience throughout the City of Rockville
- Advocate for pedestrian safety in Rockville in pursuit of Vision Zero
- Enhance pedestrian accessibility and walkability within our natural, business and residential environments
- Promote access and connectivity among the city’s disparate neighborhoods and pedestrian centers to increase social connectivity
- Promote walking as a viable transportation option through provision of sidewalks, pathways, and trails that are safe, usable, well-constructed, maintained and interesting.
October is Walktober in Rockville!
Along with the State of Maryland, Rockville celebrates October as Walktober! It's a chance for residents and visitors to go out and walk and roll in Rockville. If you are interested in participating in Walktober 2023, leading a neighborhood walk, or want to learn more about it, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Rockville Pedestrian Bingo
RPAC has put together a pedestrian bingo card for Rockville. Download the bingo card, print it out, and take to the sidewalk! Take as many trips as possible to fill up the card and experience the Rockville pedestrian environment. And don't forget, bring your completed card to City Hall and get an "I walk Rockville" button.