- About Rockville
The City of Rockville is committed to uphold the integrity of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by delivering appropriate and reasonable inclusive services, modifications, and physical accessibility to ensure social equality and inclusion of all citizens.
Individuals will be afforded respect and dignity while engaging in leisure pursuits to enhance their quality of life in a clean, safe, and accessible settings.
Is inclusion right for you? Make the right choice!
Program Access also referred to as “Inclusion”, is the means by which individuals with disabilities are welcome to participate in Rockville recreation and leisure activities of their choice. Reasonable modifications are provided to enable an individual’s successful participation in a program.
|Program Access is right for you or your child if you…||Program Access is NOT…|
Examples of Reasonable Modifications
- Sign Language Interpreter
- Enhanced Staff to Participant Ratio
- Adaptive Equipment
- Ongoing Disability and Inclusion Training for Staff
- Braille and Large Print Materials
*Reasonable modifications will be determined after an assessment has been completed and varies for each individual.
Requesting a Reasonable Modification
- Register for a program through our online Recreation Registration program.
- During checkout, you will be asked if you need a reasonable modification.
- Once submitted, a staff member will reach out to coordinate the request.
- Why is Rockville Recreation and Parks embarking on this effort?
- The revised ADA regulations that took effect in March 2012 incorporate standards for parks and recreation facilities that were not previously available – including standards for fitness, playgrounds,
- What is the anticipated time frame for conducting the work and how much will it cost?
- How will you determine which improvements to do first?
- What types of changes will be made for parks, programs and facilities to be considered ADA compliant?
- What are the next steps in this process?
- How can the public provide input, ask questions or get involved with your efforts?
- What are some existing ADA compliant parks and facilities?