During weeks that include a city holiday, your recycling, trash and yard waste collections may occur one day later that week.
See the bottom of this page for printable calendars showing collection days throughout the year based on your regularly scheduled collection day.
For 2022, collections will occur on their regularly scheduled days* during the weeks of:
- Presidents Day, Monday, Feb. 21.
- Monday, June 20, when the city observes Juneteenth.
- Columbus Day, Monday, Oct. 10, which is not a city holiday (city government and facilities are open).
- Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 8.
- Monday, Dec. 26, the city holiday for Christmas.
* This may be different than past years and different than the collection schedule for Montgomery County customers.
The following is a list of holidays when city government and facilities will be closed, followed by the status of recycling and trash collection. ("No change" means recycling and trash will be collected on the regular schedule that week.):
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Monday, Jan. 17 (All collections occur one day later than usual this week.)
Monday, Feb. 21 (No change.)
Monday, May 30 (All collections occur one day later than usual this week.)
Monday, June 20 (No change.)
Monday, July 4
Monday, Sept. 5
Tuesday, Nov. 8
Friday, Nov. 11 (No change.)
Thursday, Nov. 24 (Thursday collections occur on Friday.)
Christmas Day (observed)
Monday, Dec. 26
New Year’s Day 2023 (observed)
Monday, Jan. 2, 2023 (No change.)