Due to COVID-19, applications for financial assistance with evictions, utility-shut-offs, and prescription medications are being processed by phone and email.
All applicants must first apply at Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services.
Montgomery County DHHS will submit a referral to the City of Rockville Community Services Division on behalf of eligible city residents.
For more resources, visit our COVID-19 Resource page.
Call the DHHS for emergency eviction/utilities/Rx assistance: 240-777-4550.
We understand that hard times happen and we offer assistance programs to individuals and families in need of temporary relief.
Types of Assistance:
- Utility shut-off.
- Prescription medications.
Contact the Community Services Office for program eligibility and additional assistance opportunities.
- Rockville resident for a minimum of 6-months Not all Rockville addresses are considered residents. Check to see if you're a resident.
- Applicants seeking rent assistance must have a current eviction notice, and applicants seeking utility assistance must have a current utility shut-off notice.
- Demonstrate financial need due to loss of employment, ongoing financial difficulty, loss of family wage earner, unexpected medical bills, or other financial emergency.
Before receiving assistance through the City of Rockville, residents must first apply for emergency assistance at Montgomery County. If applicable, you will be referred to Rockville for a REAP application to be processed.
If you have received a referral, schedule an appointment with Community Services Division at 240-314-8310.
Helpful Benefit Information Resources During the COVID-19 Emergency
While Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services Office of Eligibility and Support Services is closed to walk-in services, drop boxes for paper applications and documents are available at all sites, and services are available through online applications.
- Apply at myDHR.
- Call OESS at 240-777-1003, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. · Visit the DHHS website for information on applying for SNAP and other financial assistance benefits.
- Call the DHHS for emergency eviction/utilities/Rx assistance: 240-777-4550.
For help in applying for SNAP or other benefits, call:
- The Maryland Benefits Center: 1-833-373-5867.
- Maryland Hunger Solutions: 1-866-821-5552.
- Spanish Catholic Center: 301-453-5560.
Drop off completed applications and required documents at drop-off boxes at DHHS offices. Drop boxes are available in the Rockville area at:
- 1301 Piccard Drive, Rockville.
- 1401 Rockville Pike, Rockville.
- 401 Hungerford Drive, Rockville (medical assistance applications only).
[Each agency has information on their sites about eligibility requirements and how to apply.]
The Maryland Division of Unemployment Insurance
Montgomery County Public Schools
For Rockville residents over 60 years in need of less than $200 in prescription costs contact Community Services at 240-314-8310.
For counseling, food and other assistance, visit the Rockville Senior Center for available services.