Rockville Skate Park
All park participants of any age must wear a protective helmet. Limited loaner helmets will be available.
Entrance into the park will be based on capacity.
Visitors are responsible for bringing their equipment, including water.
Featuring concrete ramps and bowls, and rails, the Rockville Skate Park is officially open for community use.
The 15,000-square-foot concrete skate park features a kidney bowl, manual pads, quarter pipes, radius wedge, rainbow grind rail, grind ledge, slappy curb, and pole. It is designed to be fun for every rider, regardless of age, style, skill level, or wheel type.
Key elements of the new park include:
- street and park elements, obstacles, and terrain.
- modernized infrastructure and amenities
- family/gender-neutral restroom
- stormwater management facility
- reconfigured parking lot to maintain the same parking spaces in the Rockville Swim and Fitness center complex.
Membership is free but required. Get a membership online.
Fall, Winter, and Spring Hours
|Tuesday-Friday||3-9 p.m., General Admission|
|Saturday||10 a.m.-Noon, Family Skate|
Noon-9 p.m., General Admission
|Sunday||10 a.m.-9 p.m., General Admission|
The Skate Park will be closed on the following holidays:
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year's Eve
- New Year's Day
MCPS School Closures
The park will close in times of rain, thunder, or lighting and remain closed until surfaces are dried. If the park closes due to inclement weather within 2 hours of its published closing time, it will remain closed for the evening.
When snow or ice is present at the skate park, the facility will not open.
Come learn how to skate at our brand new Rockville Skatepark! Learn the basics or practice your tricks once a week with experienced Rockville skaters. Lessons will be 50 minutes once a week, for 5 weeks.
Skaters are expected to follow the facility’s rules and any directions given by the skate park staff. Failure to do so may result in the loss of facility privileges.
- Have fun, be courteous, and skate safely at all times.
- Helmets are required by all participants at all times and must be buckled when in motion.
- Users must wear closed toed footwear and a shirt.
- The Skate Park is a multi-use facility. BMX bikes, scooters, skateboards, inline skates and roller skates are permitted. No bicycles with pegs are permitted.
- Participants must enter and exit through designated areas only.
- A valid park membership (free of charge) is required to use the facility. Users are required to check in with their issued ID card at the start of each visit.
- Look before you go! Do not’ “drop in” or surprise other users – wait your turn.
- All children under the age of eight (8) must be accompanied by an adult.
- Elbow, knee pads and wrist guards are recommended, but not required.
- Spectators are welcome, but must stay clear of ramps and equipment.
- Keep the park clean. Place all trash in the proper bins.
Prohibited Items and Activities
- Drugs, alcohol, or tobacco use of any kind.
- Motorized equipment of any kind (with the exception of personal mobility devices as required by ADA).
- Food, drinks or chewing gum on the skating surface.
- Glass containers.
- The introduction or use of additional ramps, jumps, obstacles or other skating elements.
- Modifications to the skating surfaces or features.
- Loud music, profanity or disorderly behavior.
- Horseplay, pushing, shoving or fighting.
- Graffiti, tagging or stickers.
- Pets of any kind.
- Use of the facility outside of posted hours of operation or City sponsored events.
- Use the park at your own risk. All participants assume all risk of injury. The City of Rockville and its agents are not responsible for any injury or lost or stolen property while at the skate park.
- The skate park is under 24-hour video surveillance.
- Entering the facility when it is closed is considered trespassing and may result in criminal trespass citation and seizure of equipment.
- Tagging or defacing the Skate Park is a crime. Vandals will be prosecuted.
- The skate park will be open during published operating hours unless closed for inclement weather. This includes thunder, lightning and when surfaces are wet, icy, or snow covered.
- The City, in its sole discretion reserves the right to close the facility for inclement weather, events and/or maintenance.
- If park closes due to inclement weather within 2 hours of its published closing time, it will remain closed for the evening.
- Organized events must have written approval from the City of Rockville, Department of Recreation and Parks. No contests, demos, instruction or camps are allowed without written permission.
- Skate within your ability and stay in control.