Recreation Financial Assistance

The City of Rockville believes that everyone, regardless of income, should be able to participate in its recreation opportunities. To facilitate participation, the department offers financial assistance through programs such as the Recreation Fund and Senior Assistance Fund.

Limited financial assistance is available for Rockville residents, ages 19 and older, based on income. Please call 240-314-8620 to make an appointment. 

 Still have questions? Contact: 

Recreation and Parks
111 Maryland Ave.
Rockville, MD 20850
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Types of Assistance 

Person on yoga mat doing a Russian twist

Senior Assistance

Financial assistance for senior classes, day trips and Senior Center memberships is available. Participants must be Rockville residents aged 60 or older. The participant pays half of the actual cost with maximum subsidy of $50 per quarter. For additional information, please call 240-314-8810.

Assistance Application
Kids Playing Basketball

Youth Recreation Assistance

A limited number of scholarships for program fees are available for residents of the City of Rockville ages 18 an younger. The participant must pay $15 toward each program fee, unless otherwise specified. The fund will cover the balance of the fees, up to $100 maximum per person, per session (fall, winter, spring, summer); $150 maximum per youth for the camp session; $1,000 maximum per family. Any remaining balance must be paid by the participant.

For information about youth recreation assistance call 240-314-8620.

Required Documentation 

Qualified applicants must provide proof of residency and financial requirements.

Proof of Residency

Accepted documents include:

  • Current City of Rockville water and sewage bill (property owners)
  • Property tax bill (in client name and address)
  • State issued identification card/Driver’s License with City of Rockville address

Financial Requirements

 Accepted documents include:
  • An award letter from Maryland Department of Human Resources or Montgomery County Department of Social Services. Letter must include eligibility for one of the following programs: temporary cash assistance, food stamps, medical assistance (Medicaid cards or Care for Kids not accepted), transitional emergency medical and housing assistance.
  • Proof participant resides in a shelter- Letter from shelter dated within a month of application and, if applicable, listing dependents living at shelter.
  • Proof of rental assistance- Public Housing, HUD Section 8 Housing, HOC. This must be a current document from the agency providing assistance which names the eligible tenants. (MPDU not accepted for applicants purchasing a home).
  • Supplemental Security Income- Document must be dated within one year of application.