Rockville provides special bulk waste collections by appointment only. Alternatively, you can drop off bulk waste at the Montgomery County Transfer Station.
Bulk waste collections are for large waste that does not fit into carts, such as a couch, desk, sink, door, or cabinet up to 499 pounds.
Tips for Collection:
- A collection must be scheduled before it can be picked up.
- Place items at the curb by 6 a.m. in an unobstructed area that is away from parked cars, tree limbs, fire hydrants and overhead wires.
- Lumber must be cut in 4’ length bundles no larger than 36” diameter, limit of 5 bundles per pick up.
- Whole trees, logs and other large debris resulting from tree removals are not accepted.
- Collections are limited to less than 500 pounds and 60 cubic feet. Loads Montgomery County Transfer Station
- Limited to six special bulk waste collections per household each calendar year.
- Large wooden furniture (couches, wooden desks, etc.)
- Lumber (must be cut in 4’ length bundles no larger than 36” diameter, limit of 5 bundles per pick up)
- Wooden fencing and landscape ties
- Mattress/box spring
- Plate glass (wrapped or taped to prevent breakage)
- Window frames-nonmetal (removal glass or cover with cardboard and tape)
- No shingles
- No gasoline
- No tires
- No concrete footings on fencing, swings
- No cinder blocks, bricks, broken concrete, large rocks
- No sod, soil, old mulch (place in refuse cart)
- No plastic furniture/toys (place in recycling cart)
- No bamboo (place in yard waste)
- No whole trees, logs and or other large debris resulting from tree removals.
- No lumber longer than 4' or over 36" diameter or more than 5 bundles
- No construction/contractor debris