The City of Rockville’s Ethics Commission is made up of private citizens and is responsible for considering policy, advising the Mayor and Council, and processing complaints made alleging violations of the Ethics Code.
The purpose of the Ethics Commission is to:
- Ensure the public has the highest trust in city officials and employees
- Assure the public that decisions are made impartially and with independence of judgment
- Ensure city business is conducted free from improper influence
Join the Commission
The commission consists of seven members, serving three-year terms, appointed by the Mayor with the confirmation of the Council. Review the Ethics Commission's Rules of Procedure.
The Ethics Commission is an open meeting and accepts community participation in meetings. If you wish to comment in a meeting, please contact Ashley McFarland at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on the day before scheduled meetings with the subject of your comments.
|Kevin Jenkins, Chair||July 1, 2026|
|Karyne Constance Akhtar||June 1, 2026|
|Beverly Clarke||Nov. 1, 2024|
|Kris Dighe||Oct. 1, 2026|
|Janice P. Frankle||Dec. 1, 2026|
|Kevin Gash||Jan. 1, 2025|
|Betsy Tao||Oct. 1, 2026|
- Real estate broker applying to be a member of the Planning Commission, 2015
- Ethics Commission member playing an active role in a Councilmember’s campaign for State elected office, 2017
- Environment Commission using crowdfunding, 2018
- Twinbrook resident potentially serving on the Twinbrook Citizen Association, Inc., 2018