- Holiday Drive
For over forty-five years, the City of Rockville has operated an annual Holiday Drive to distribute food baskets and new toys to needy Rockville families.
The Rockville Holiday Drive relies on a collaborative partnership with local churches, schools, civic organizations, service clubs, businesses, social service agencies, and individuals working together to distribute holiday baskets to families and seniors in need.
Volunteers ages 14 and older qualify for SSL hours.
Duties to be Expected
- Sorting, packaging or delivering Thanksgiving food
- Decorate toy shop for Christmas
- Set up tables
- Sort toys
- Help parents choosing gifts
- Wrap presents
- Toys and gifts deliveries
- 16 years or older without a parent.
- 10 years old with direct parental supervision or affiliation with a supervised club or group (limited availability for children under 16 due to nature of the volunteer work).
- Able to follow instructions, act in a safe and appropriate manner, maneuver in close quarters, and lift 10-25 lbs; can stoop over to put food in boxes.
Sign Up to Volunteer
Contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 240-314-8304 or by email at email@example.com and we will coordinate shift schedules. The time commitment is one hour and a half per shift.
- November 20, 21, 22 and 23
- December 20 and 21
Other Ways you can Help
We are collecting new, unwrapped toys to be gifted to Rockville kids from infants through 11 years old. Consider donating books, musical toys, learning toys, games, and more. Especially needed are toys for older kids: craft/science kits, sports equipment, etc. Donations should be dropped off at City Hall or any Rockville Community Center. Toys are accepted through Thursday, December 19.
To organize a toy drive in your school, office, or community, contact Allison Hoy at 240-314-8304 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For some, making a monetary donation is a convenient option for those who want to give back. We now accept easy, online donations in $25 increments. You can also donate $20 gift cards to Giant or Target. You can mail or drop off gift certificates or tax-deductible checks (made out to "Rockville Holiday Drive Fund") at City Hall.
The continued success of the Rockville Holiday Drive depends on a collaborative partnership with local churches, schools, civic organizations, service clubs, businesses, non-profits, and individuals working together to make the holidays special for the less fortunate. On behalf of the City of Rockville and the residents served by the Holiday Drive, thank you for your support!